Yahoo mail IMAP setting
Email service was launched in 1997, known as Yahoo mail by American company Yahoo. Yahoo Mail provides four various email plans. They are Basic, Plus, and Ad-Free (3 for personal use) and another one for businesses. The best way to connect Yahoo Mail account to a desktop mail client or mobile application is IMAP. We will now look at how we can set up Yahoo mail IMAP setting.
The steps for Yahoo mail IMAP setting are given:
- Set Yahoo Mail IMAP server to mail.yahoo.com
- Set Your full Yahoo Mail address as IMAP username
- Set Your Yahoo Mail password or app password as IMAP password
- Set IMAP port to 993 or 143
- Set IMAP TLS/SSL to yes
Yahoo mail SMTP setting
We know that SMTP is used for sending emails. The SMTP server settings are applied to outgoing mail in Yahoo mail. Here we will discuss some steps for Yahoo mail SMTP setting.
The steps required for Yahoo mail SMTP setting are:
- Set Yahoo Mail SMTP server to mail.yahoo.com
- Set Your full Yahoo Mail address as SMTP username
- Set Your Yahoo Mail password as SMTP password
- Set SMTP port to 465 or 587
- Set SMTP TLS/SSL to yes
The steps to set up Yahoo account using IMAP and SMTP setting in Outlook (Outlook 2016) are given below:
- First, Open Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Now, above the Account Settings button, you can see Add Account. Click it.
- Choose Manual setup or additional server types.
- And under Choose Service select POP or IMAP.
- Here, Add your user information and server information,
- Set Account type to IMAP
- Set Incoming mail server to imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Set Outgoing mail server (SMTP) to smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- And fill your login information as shown below.
- Now go to More settings and choose the Outgoing server tab. Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select the radio button next to Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Go to the Advanced tab, located in the same window and then perform the following steps:
- Set Incoming server (IMAP) to 993 or 143
- Set Incoming server encrypted connection to SSL
- Set Outgoing server (SMTP)to 587 or 465
- Set Outgoing server encrypted connection to TLS or Auto
- And then Click OK when completed.
[ Further Reading ]: Outlook Mail Settings
- Now click Next. And If you’ve entered all the things correctly, both testing tasks will be finished successfully and then you can close that little window and then again click Next.
- Finally, at this point, you’ll get a message saying, “You’re all set!”. Then, Click finish.
- Now you can check your emails via Outlook with the added power of IMAP.
Hence, these were all about the Yahoo Mail Settings. If you have any confusions left, you can comment us below.