Xtra mail is the mailing features of Spark account. Spark website helps people to share cool stuff and to unleash the potential of all New Zealand people. Spark delivers the digital services what the customers want i.e. mobility, data, music, online TV, cloud services etc.
Now let’s talk about Xtra mail setting i.e. IMAP and SMTP. This two mail type is similar to outlook mail setting. Just we have to change our domain for Xtra mail setting.
Xtra IMAP Settings
Imap stands for Internet Message Access Protocol which is used to email clients to retrieve email message from the mail server over the standard TCP/IP protocol. It is a standard Internet Protocol. Imap was designed with the aim of management of an email box by multiple email clients. For retrieving email, a user must do IMAP setting in outlook. Imap setting helps to connect all sources with the respective server. Imap support huge mailbox and multiple accounts with the synchronization algorithm
Now let’s discuss how to manually set up IMAP setting of xtra account. Before setting for IMAP setting in xtra, you need to sign up in IMAP account.
Xtra SMTP settings
SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol which mainly communicates between mail servers over TCP port. SMTP is an internet standard protocol for electronic mail transmission. SMTP is normally used to send the mail message and POP/IMAP is used to retrieve the mail message. SMTP mainly helps in mail transmission over the protocol. Now let’s discuss the SMTP setting for Gmail. Below fig is some example of SMTP email mail transmission with function.
Steps for the Xtra Mail Settings
- First, confirm that you select for IMAP account
- Set incoming mail server (IMAP) to imap.xtra.co.nz
- Set outgoing mail server (SMTP) to send.xtra.co.nz
- Set username field has email address [email protected]
- Set the password with the correct order
- Always check remember the password
- After click on more setting on right tab
- There click on the outgoing server tab
- Then tick my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Select the same setting as my incoming mail server
- Now click on the Advanced tab
- Set incoming mail server (IMAP) port to 993 or 995
- Then tick this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
- Set outgoing mail server (SMTP) port to 465
- Then tick use the following type of encrypted connection (SSL)
- Make sure you tick leave a copy of a message on the server
- Click on OK
- Click Next
- After that outlook will check your account setting
- After it says correct, close the box
- Click Finish
Now we all are clear about Xtra mail setting. Above are some steps to guide Xtra mail setting. If you have any queries or confusion you can comment down on our link. For further more information please be in touch with us.